Thursday, December 6, 2007

My first Ohio State - Michigan Game in China

Overcoming technical difficulties with Slingbox, I was able to watch the game! It kicked off at 1:00am here in Shanghai, and through the amazing technology that is SlingMedia's Slingbox, I was able to watch the game 'live'. I put 'live' in quotes, since I was chatting with a friend on IM while the game was on, and it seemed that I actually saw everything on about a 13 second delay. Not bad considering the box on my friend in Seattle's TV is grabbing video and 'slinging' it across the internet to my PC in China!

I watched the entire game, and drug myself off to bed at 4:30am. Steph took pity on me (she just doesn't understand my passion for college football and the Ohio State Buckeyes) and let me sleep in a little... Not too much because we had a walking tour of an area of Shanghai at 8:00am the next morning. You can read about that amazing tour here: www.swelsh73.blogspot.com

That wake up call was rough, but not as rough as it might have been had we not dispatched the Wolverines in fine fashion 14-3.

Next up for the Bucks: BCS National Championship Game versus LSU. Luckily that game is an 8:00pm start in the US (Eastern Time), so it'll be a 9:00am game here! Much more manageable.

Go Bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment