Thursday, July 31, 2008

Againt the golf gods confuse me...

Some of you might remember one of my posts from just before we moved to China.
I played a round of golf with a good friend and shot the best score of my life to that point - a 4 over par 75. At the time, I was confused at what the golf gods were trying to tell me... was it good messages and vibrations as a send off to a really good decision to move to China? Was it a cruel attempt to rub in the fact that I would be moving to China where golf takes 7 hours (including transit time) and costs $150/round - effectively limiting my ability to play regularly?

I never did figure it out... Then it happened again... As I am abount to head back to PRC I played one last round of golf with a friend here in the great Northwest.

Even par through 8 holes, I bogeyed #9 to shoot 37 on the front. Then I shot 38 on the back for a 3 over par 75, my newest 'best round ever'.

The golf gods are no friends of mine!

Cheers,
Joe

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joe, glad to hear all is well. I wish we could have met up while you were here in Oregon. I'm guessing you are back in China now. I have tried several times to email after meeting up with your layover here in Medford and also the earthquake, but either I have your address wrong, or it changed not sure. But anyway, glad to hear all is well. Tell stephaine and your mom hello. Don't work too hard. Lori

    ReplyDelete