Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sometimes I am simply not very smart...

I am going to blame it on jet lag. If it weren't for jet lag, I'd be as smart as everyone else... perhaps.

I just returned to PRC after 3 weeks in the US. Couple weeks for my hunting trip and then a couple days of meetings in Oregon. Jet lag was much stronger and harder to overcome after being gone that long.

Saturday morning after having played basketball at the local international school, I decided to cut my hair. Anyone who has seen me recently, knows that I have embraced by developing baldness, and refused to go the way of the comb-over.

I started my 'bald friendly haircut' by asking the barber/stylist to shave my head with the clippers using a #2 guard. Then I progressed to the #1. During the warm summer, even going down to a #1/2. Cutting my hair with the clippers, guard in place, became so easy that Steph does it many times, and sometimes I manage it myself.

Well I had been gone nearly a month (week in Thailand for work, followed by the US for vacation and meetings). So it was time for a trim.

Saturday morning following basketball, I head into the bathroom to trim up my 'mop'. I start shaving, and am surprised at the amount of hair on the floor thinking to myself 'wow, that's a lot of hair for 1 month growth'.

Then I glance into the mirror and see my head - 1/2 shaved. Then I look at the clippers, and see NO GUARD. I had just started shaving away. So no #2, #1, not even a #1/2 - you could say I shaved my head using #0.

So now, when my kids tease me and call me 'Baldy Daddy' they are a little closer to the truth... I'll be wearing a hat as often as possible the next couple weeks! :(

1 comment:

  1. i was browsing your blog, looking for BOY or GIRL...

    and i read your post about shaving you head and i think i just peed my pants!

    -rhonda

    ReplyDelete